A resident of the Lamarktunet at Sortland, who was infected with the bacterial disease legionella, is dead.
This has been confirmed by the municipality’s health and care manager, Sture Jacobsen.
“We are very sorry that this was the outcome,” emphasises Jacobsen, adding that the municipal council has met the family to the dead to complain about what has happened.
The reason for the legionella center is still unknown.
– There is a strong impact on municipal management and we have great sympathy with the bereaved, he says to Vesterålen line .
In recent years about 20 people have been infected annually by legionella in this country. Most survive.