Maiken Caspersen Falla directed Bente Skaris six championship gold with the sprint tribe in Seefeld on Thursday. Sunday she can put the model behind her.
Friday night, Falla got her career’s fifth World Cup gold around her neck in the center of Seefeld. In addition, she has the sprint gold from the Pyeongchang Olympic Games a year ago in the medal collection.
Six gold from the Olympics and the World Cup are also Bente Skari posted with.
– Bente was my model when I was a kid. I remember seeing her on TV, and that was when I started to think that classic was cool. It was she who made me realize that this was possible, says Falla to NTB.
– Bente is also from Nittedal and I from Fetsund, and it is not so far apart, so it’s cool. She is a role model, she adds.
In front of the list of Norwegian female cross-country skiers with the most championship gold, the sprint queen now has only two names: Marit Bjørgen and Therese Johaug. Bjørgen ended his phenomenal career at 26, Johaug has so far eight.
Faced with the fact that she is now on the podium of Norway’s most successful female cross-country skiers, Falla smiles well. At the same time, the 28-year-old rejects that she is particularly concerned with such statistics.
– Such lists may be more important to you journalists than to me, says the sprint queen and elaborates:
– I live more in the moment and take day by day, but it (the list) shows that something has been achieved. In addition, there are not so many distances I go to in a championship, so I have managed to perform the times I have been given the opportunity. I’m proud of that.
The tag runner tag can be securely affixed to Falla. The Roman Empire seldom fails on great occasions and admits that she has gradually got the routine to dot the shape at the right time.
The first championship medal came already during the World Cup in Oslo in 2011. Then it became bronze at the team sprint. Since then there have been another ten medals in the Olympics and the World Cup. The total of 11 medals is one behind Bente Skari. She ended at 12.
Got the help of the twin brother
On Sunday, team prints are in classic style on the World Championship program in Seefeld. There can Falla tangere Skari’s total medal capture and at the same time put the former cross-country star behind him on the gold statistics.
She does so with the help of twin brother Marius. He participates in the Norwegian lubrication team in Seefeld and conducted skiing tests for the sister in front of Thursday’s sprint.
– It is extremely good to have Marius here, and should I point out a person who has been important to me, there is no doubt that he is. It’s nice to have him here. I am very happy about that, the sprint queen smiles.
Whoever gets her on the Norwegian team sprint team will only be clear after Saturday’s skiathlon. Ingvild Flugstad Østberg, Heidi Weng and Astrid Uhrenholdt Jacobsen are all current.