Norway

Police: The wanted man after Majorstuen’s murder was identified

The police confirm that they have identified the man who is in need of the murder at Majorstuen. According to Aftonbladet, it is a 20 year old Swedish citizen.
Heikki Bjørklund Paltto of Mysen, aged 24, was killed in the apartment he lived with three comrades in Arbo’s gate on Monday.
Swedish police department were informed by Norway police. Local police also released surveillance pictures of the suspect on Friday.

“I can confirm that we know the killing in Norway and that the wanted party has a link here,” says Swedish police.

According to Aftonbladet, the 20-year-old was previously convicted for theft and robbery. As late as last year, he was sentenced to imprisonment for robbery after entering an open window in a dwelling and threatening the residents with a knife before disappearing with several objects.

Tips to Police

On Saturday afternoon, the Oslo police department had received more than 150 tips that were investigated further, Grete Lien Metlid, head of the Joint Unit for Intelligence and Investigation in Oslo Police District, told the NTB.

“We have worked almost around the clock and have received many tips and information. We know a lot more now, but we can not figure out what we do, she said.

Knife

According to the police, a person was deprived of a phone and a leather wallet in a garage in Essendrop Street just next to the scene that morning. The perpetrator has threatened with a knife however the victim was not injured. The police stated that the robber had spoken broken English.

A witness witnessed the aftermath man in the Old Town of Oslo in the 5.30 am Monday morning, a few hours before the robbery and the murder occurred. To VG , the witness tells the man spoke Swedish. The now murdered man had called the door and asked to have a glass of water, something he got.

– He stood there and looked scared. Then he asked for a glass of water. He spoke Swedish and was polite, told the witness to the newspaper.

Police has requested everyone to share any tips if they have. They have urged people not to be afraid to contacy if they know about anything related to this matter.

“This is some of the biggest video material we have ever had,” Metlid announced on Saturday.

The pictures of the man that the police went out Friday were taken at Skøyen station Monday at 13.16. Police believe he walked through Frogner Park to Skøyen via the walkway. Where he left the Skøyen is not known.

Tags
Show More

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *